Figures in Ryukonkai
Grand Master Kotaro Iha was born on February 12, 1939. He engaged in martial arts when young and was a member of the school Judo club as well as training at a local dojo. During this period he developed an understanding of the relationship between the body and martial arts which led him to study Karate as a means to overcome his smaller stature. Further contemplation led him to study kobudo, where the use of weapons could increase his advantage despite any disparity in physical size between opponents.
Grand Master Kotaro Iha studied under a number of masters before forming Ryukyu Kobudo Ryukonkai in 1981.
- Chibana Chosin Sensei, May 1958, Shorin Ryu Karate
- Yochoku Higa Sensei, Fenruary 1961, Shorin Ryu Karate
- Shigenobu Tamai, May 1961, Bo
- Kantoku Izumikawa, March 1963, Bo
- Iloei Ishikawa, May 1968, Kama
- Shiko Toma, January 1970, Bo & Sai
- Takasha Kinjo, March 1970, Eku
- Shinchin Tawata, July 1972, Bo